- Indique Heights chef and co-owner K Vinod ‘s recipe for Aloo Chaat was published this week in Wednesday’s Washington Post Food section and he appeared on the Washington Post Live chat : Free Range on Food: Indian cuisine, Diana Kennedy and winter farmers markets. What does Chef Vinod have in his pantry Some of the basic spices that I would carry in my pantry are red chilly powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, whole spices like cardamom, cinnamon, clove, bayleaves etc.Internet
Of course don’t ask me to tell you what’s in my pantry.
- Talking about chaat I am thrilled that there is a new Indian Grocery Store in Rockville/N.Potomac. Guru Groceries and Chaat House at 14119 Travilah Road , Rockville MD. At the corner of Piney Meeting House and Travilah Dr. (301) 251-4400
View Larger Map
This store has been started by the same folks who own the india Bistro restaurant . feel like a Indian street snack they have samosas, papri chat and other Indian snacks made to order. They take catering orders as well.
- Monica Bhide is giving away a a collection of spices on her blog to To enter: Leave a comment here on why you would like to win on the post. Btw did you check out her new website
- Patching over Bagels : I got a chance to meet-up with Jill Badanes editor of NorthPotomac/Darnestown Patch at BagelTowne in Traville Gateway.
If you are not already looking at Patch.com , you should. during the recent snow I got my warning about the closure of Darnestown road from Patch and some great news about the local community. We spoke about a Patch Tweetup in the area so stay tuned. IF you are a local business or are organizing a local event you should reach out to Jillian and ask for inclusion. She appreciates any tips or news you want to send her way as well.
- Micheal's Noodles : I think I am now addicted , 3 times in one month is something of a record. A full review is coming soon but Tom Sietsema you were so right about this place. It is Taiwanese food and caters to all palates. if you are adventurous try the pepper chicken or tofu noodles. I loved the Squid and mushroom soup too.