Share Our Strength’s Great American Dine Out® is a national, week-long event that brings together thousands of restaurants and millions of consumers to help make sure there is no kid hungry in America. From September 19-25, 2010, participating restaurants representing the entire industry—from coffee shops to fine dining—raise funds in a variety of ways to support the No Kid Hungry Campaign™, Share Our Strength’s national effort to end childhood hunger in America by 2015. Share Our Strength’s Great American Dine Out is nationally sponsored by Sysco, American Express, Ecolab, Jacob’s Creek, USA Today and the National Restaurant Association. Visit GreatAmericanDineOut.org.
Go here to find restuarants near you http://strength.org/apps/dineout/index.php/Google/DisplayMap
Map of the DC area restaurants :
Some of the restaurants participating this year include Joe’s Crabshack, Corner Bakery Cafe, McAlister’s Deli, Boston Market, T.G.I. Friday’s, Buffalo Wild Wings, Taco Bueno, The Palm Restaurants, Legal Seafoods, P.F. Chang’s and First Watch.
How to get involved:
Dine Out and Make it Count
Try these ideas for making your Great American Dine Out experience worth even more.
- Join our Tweet-a-Thon September 20. Hashtags #DineOut and #NoKidHungry.
- Follow us on Twitter(@Dine_Out).
- RSVP for the Great American Dine Out Facebook event.
- Plan an event around a Great American Dine Out meal and share your experience with us (photos welcome).
- Send e-vites to your Great American Dine Out gathering.
- Play Four Square. Check in at restaurants where you're dining out.
- Blog about it.
- Tell everyone you know that you're dining out to help end childhood hunger in America.
Hat tip to @jillmcfarland http://www.jillmightknowjack.com/2010/09/how-you-can-help-end-childhood-hunger.html