My friend Chris Dorobek was in Hawaii at the same time as President Barack Obama and shared the same favorite Hawaiian restaurants Alan Wong’s. he writes about that experience in his Post on Federal News Radio DorobekInsider: My “dinner” with the President. You should head there and read his post. Here is what he said is the menu of the President’s dinner.
- 5-COURSE MENU TASTING
- wine pairings also available (menu subject to change)
- Appetizer Duo
- Butter Poached Kona Lobster
- Nagaimo Potato Cake, Green Onion Oil
- Ginger Crusted Onaga
- Organically Grown Hamakua Mushrooms and Corn, Miso Sesame Vinaigrette
- Twice Cooked Shortrib, Soy Braised and Grilled “Kalbi” Style
- Gingered Shrimp, Ko Choo Jang Sauce
- Dessert Duet
Is this menu available here in the DC area? What are the best places for Hawaiian food here ? Please comment and let me know.